We want you to enjoy your leather goods for a lifetime. Looking after your leather goods starts with day-to-day care.
By following just a few simple tips, you can avoid unnecessary wear and tear and extend the life of your accessories for years to come:
- Avoid overfilling your your leather wash bags to maintain their original silhouette - Leather is a skin, and it can stretch.
- Take the time each week to wipe away dust and spots with a soft cloth or brush
- Take care to avoid contact with heavily embellished clothes, sharp surfaces, or chunky jewellery to avoid scratches
- Store leather away from direct sunlight as this can cause fading
- Store leather away from artificial sources of heat, e.g. radiators can cause leather to dry and crack
Avoid getting your leather wet, as much as possible - if it does become wet/damp, blot away water or moisture as soon as possible. Wipe clean with a damp cloth if necessary, allowing the leather to dry naturally away from any direct heat source.
Once dry, condition your leather with a quality leather feed/conditioner and allow to dry naturally. Buff with a soft cloth. Frequent use and wear will require more care.
- Keep leather supple with a specialised leather conditioner every 3-6 months
- Clean spots and stains with a mixture of soap flakes and warm water
- Test any conditioners, cleaners, polishes or wax in a hidden spot beforehand
- Do not tumble dry leather
- Do not iron leather
- Don't immerse leather in water to clean
- Regular soft brushing and semi-regular cleaning with a damp cloth will keep your accessories in good shape.
With our handy guide, your most treasured pieces will look beautiful for years to come. By taking time to care for your leather, you will uphold the value and maintain the appearance of your most treasured pieces.