- Givans Irish Linen Stores undertakes its responsibility for the Environment seriously.
- Givans accepts that our planet faces increasing environmental challenges.
- Givans believes Climate Change is a real and growing menace to our planet’s wellbeing.
Our Approach to creating change:
- Minimise waste and increase recycling.
- Ensure our products are resourced in a responsible manner.
- Work with our suppliers to take proactive measures to achieve sustainability.
- To continually monitor our climate footprint.
Our responsibility to Human Resources.
- To ensure a pleasant and supportive atmosphere for our Staff with fair working practices.
- To try and ensure all our suppliers adhere to creating safe environments for their staff.
- In particular to try and ensure foreign suppliers implement humane working practices (for example in the areas of anti-slavery, anti-people trafficking and banning the employment of underage young workers).
Evidence to date of progress made.
- Audit of packaging.
- leading to introduction of recyclable catalogue wrapping.
- Audit of paper weights
- adjustment to lighter weight.
- Audit of main suppliers
- seeking assurances of fair working practices.
- Liaising with transport companies regarding greener means of delivery.
To accept that these measures are the direct responsibility of Senior Management who undertake a personal challenge to influence change for the better.