We are still open and taking orders. However to limit exposure to our employees, orders will be dispatched one day per week, so delivery times may be extended during this time. Thank you for your patience.
- Givans Irish Linen Stores undertakes its responsibility for the Environment seriously.
- Givans accepts that our planet faces increasing environmental challenges.
- Givans believes Climate Change is a real and growing menace to our planet’s wellbeing.
Our Approach to creating change:
- Minimise waste and increase recycling.
- Ensure our products are resourced in a responsible manner.
- Work with our suppliers to take proactive measures to achieve sustainability.
- To continually monitor our climate footprint.
Our responsibility to Human Resources.
- To ensure a pleasant and supportive atmosphere for our Staff with fair working practices.
- To try and ensure all our suppliers adhere to creating safe environments for their staff.
- In particular to try and ensure foreign suppliers implement humane working practices (for example in the areas of anti-slavery, anti-people trafficking and banning the employment of underage young workers).
Evidence to date of progress made.
- Audit of packaging.
- leading to introduction of recyclable catalogue wrapping.
- Audit of paper weights
- adjustment to lighter weight.
- Audit of main suppliers
- seeking assurances of fair working practices.
- Liaising with transport companies regarding greener means of delivery.
To accept that these measures are the direct responsibility of Senior Management who undertake a personal challenge to influence change for the better.